Monday 2 May 2011

Fallout 3: New Vegas

I'm not going to do a big write up at the moment about how I feel about this game, except to say, in my opinion, it's far superior to Fallout 3 with a much more imaginative story, STEAM is a much better platform than GFWL, and it's been stable and glitch free for me since I bought it on release day.   Oh, and it's patched to the latest as of a few days ago and still I have no issues.

I'm also sick to death of the winging and whining about this and other games, about STEAM, bugs and other issues that can be hard to fix in games of this size and complexity, (even for the developers), and the general laziness of some people when it comes to researching problems and doing a bit of self help.

The "I'm not getting a game that requires STEAM," comment that I've seen many times and then lo and behold these people now have the game and do nothing but whine and complain.  If it's so bad why bother?

Yes, I do a lot of forum lurking and reading to get info on various things so I see these types of useless posts, among others.   And yes, there are people who do have genuine problems with this and other games, and I feel for them, but there are a lot who just complain for the sake of it.  Some people are just never happy no matter what they have.

I realize I'm lucky NOT to have any issues at all with this game including no CTD's and I'm not the only one.  I also play at high resolution and the highest settings my graphics card will allow and the game looks and runs perfectly.  However, looking great in game doesn't always transfer to screen shots due to lighting and other stuff not really worth mentioning, but that's not my main interest anyway.   99% of the time I play in 1st person so it probably doesn't matter what she looks like after all.   Same with Oblivion.  I find myself playing more in 1st person these days unless I want to take a screen shot of my character.

After not having played the game for a couple of months because there were other games and things to do, I'm now role playing a new character called Anna Blake, a bounty hunter and desert dweller taking what she wants when she wants it.  She has a story, but I'll type that up later.



This is my mod list at the moment, which is a bit bare compared to Oblivion, and I most highly recommend playing with A World of Pain, Monster Mod and New Vegas Bounties at the least.   And I must mention CONELRAD radio, an excellent addition to the four or five songs (it seems ) in the original game.  Then there's Ling's and TYPE3 by Exeter for better looking female characters.

May 10 2011 - UPDATED:  Change in mods  Couple of removals and a couple of additions.

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] IWR.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] Caliber.esm
[X] Lings.esm
[X] Lings-PlayableRaces.esp
[X] monsterranch.esp
[X] AWOP-MoMod.esp
[X] headgearfix.esp
[X] Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp
[X] IWR - Rebuilt.esp
[X] Readius_NV.esp
[X] Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix.esp
[X] NCR Doggy Buddies - Alsatian.esp
[X] GoodspringsPlayerHome.esp
[X] world of pain voice.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] NewVegasBountiesII.esp
[X] ASG.esp
[X] Murdelizer.esp
[X] QS_Blackwolf_NV_Backpackmod.esp
[X] BodyJewelry.esp
[X] Neckchains.esp
[X] NVLadyoutfitXOH.esp
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[X] Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
[X] Type3 Leather Armors.esp
[X] UnlimitedCompanions.esp
[X] Nevada Skies.esp
[X] The Groovatron.esp
[X] Slof's Rex as a Dog.esp
[X] PlasmaPackinEDE.esp
[X] packedBrahminsLamped.esp
[X] GrizzledBoone.esp
[X] VegasChokers.esp
[X] JRougeRangerCoats4Free.esp
[X] 1nivCorgiComp.esp
[X] LexFONVclothingI.esp
[X] CONELRAD 640-1240.esp

This is something cute that I like.  You'll notice a mod in the list called NCR Doggie Buddies and it adds NCR helmets to all the dogs as well as turning them into Alsations instead of the mangy, uncared for diseased dogs the NCR have around.  This contrary to the fact the NCR mention how well they look after their animals.  The Legion dogs are better cared for and the Legion are assholes.  I guess they're not all bad.

Better image.




Further adventures.  This was hair raising..lol.  Courtesy of the very excellent World of Pain mod.




Anna the Bounty Hunter





Corgis by Nivea.   Getting them all to stay in one place took awhile as they behave like real dogs in follow and stay mode, so they don't just stand around doing nothing.  Get it here:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41714


Dig Here guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment