Thursday 8 September 2011

Update Re Hard Drive Disaster

Well, I should be up and running again on the weekend.  I'm awaiting the courier to deliver a new Western Digital 1TB HDD which was on special at $89 Australian.   I'm also getting a new graphics card so I can play Skyrim when it arrives on our shores.  I've pre-ordered it and EBGames has a special offer so I'll get these extras all for $88 which is cheaper than a lot of new games alone with no extras, and cheaper than the Collectors Edition which has almost the same extras.


  •  The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Game
  • Skyrim Steelbook
  • 100 Page A5 Skyrim Debossed Notebook
  • Premium Physical Map
  • 4 Collectable Art Cards

The first thing I'll be downloading, after getting my computer back together, re-installing Windows and all essentials is Age of Conan Unchained.  As I updated in my previous post about the deceased hard drive, I found out that my hard won level 34 character is safe and waiting on the AOC servers.  What a relief.   How I miss you Sorrel,  lol,  and all the beauty of the game world, not to mention getting revenge on enemies I had no hope of killing a few levels back.

I'm getting a bit stir crazy without access to my game, music and video files.  I don't have room on the drive I currently have in as it's only an old 40GB drive, but at least I get to use the Internet.  The one saving grace is this time I have everything well and truly backed up, unlike last time the blasted thing died.  Lesson learned, but I was able to get most of it back.  The important stuff anyway.  I never did trust it after if failed once, but I did hope for a longer life than 2 years...give or take a month.

I know I've whinged and moaned about Oblivion on this blog, but I think it becomes a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder with that game.  However, it's going to take a day and a half (slight exaggeration, but not by much) to get it back to how I want it with all the texture replacers, mods, utilities and all.  Plus, I can't wait to see it with the new graphics card.  It looked pretty darn good before, but I'm anticipating a massive improvement.  I still have all my saves so my characters are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment